I know not everyone does, but I LOVE New Year’s resolutions. I love the idea of a new start, and the opportunity to leave the old year behind and start afresh. To me, New Year’s resolutions are about improvement and enrichment, so I’ve decided to share 20 resolutions that can help make the world a better place!
For the sake of length I won’t explain them all, but you can ask me for more info or do your own research if interested.
- Do volunteer work.
- Try a year without plane travel.
- Educate yourself about your countries politics.
- Watch the news/ read a newspaper/ stay informed on current events.
- Practise random acts of kindness.
- Learn (or attempt to learn) a new language.
- Reduce your fast fashion consumption.
- Pick up rubbish/ participate in beach cleans or litter picks.
- Reduce your meat intake.
- Stand up for what you believe in.
- Read books about other countries and cultures.
- Say ‘hello’ to a stranger everyday.
- Make a positive health change (e.g. quit smoking).
- Spend more time with friends and family.
- Learn about recycling and try your best to do it.
- Give blood.
- Take a course in emergency first aid.
- Give your change to charity.
- Always choose the more positive option.
- Say ‘yes’ to the things that scare you.
And there you have it! I know these are only ideas but can easily be adapted to form resolutions such as:
‘In 2018 I will (9) eat vegetarian three days a week, (14) call my grandparents every Thursday night and (11) read one book a month by an author from another country or culture.’
I hope you enjoyed this post and had a wonderful New Years Eve, and that 2018 is your best year yet.