Something slightly different today but something fun all the same! I was nominated by Charlie for the Sunshine Blogger Award, which is all about acknowledging bloggers/blogs who inspire you and add a little sunshine to their life. Obviously I am completely honoured to be nominated as that is the sweetest thing!
- Thank the person who nominated you and leave a link to their blog.
- Answer the questions you were asked by the blogger.
- Nominate others for the award, ask them new questions and let them know they have been nominated!
What do you love most about blogging?
My favourite thing about blogging is definitely having a place to share my thoughts on absolutely anything that interests me. I have a mind that runs 1000 miles a minute so it’s great to have somewhere to write down all the crazy stuff whirling around my brain (and sometimes even have other people find it interesting???!). A close second would be the blogging community, I have come across some super cool people on here!
How long have you been blogging for?
I’ve been blogging for less than 6 months, and not very regularly at all (oops).
If you had to have a themed wedding or party, what would the theme be?
Okay this question is so much fun… I’ve always dreamed about having one of those amazing rustic-y weddings, wearing a simple lace dress and a floral crown, bridesmaids all wearing pretty colours with loads of flowers everywhere. I’d like the reception to be in a converted barn with flowers everywhere and a string quartet or a country band playing so everyone would dance loads. Obviously loads of vegan food and a naked red velvet cake (google it *heart eye emoji*). I decided to be super extra and make a photo collage so you can visualise it with me.
Would you share one of your favorite quotes?
I seriously have a LOT of favourite quotes, so I’m going to do top three:
- Be the change- I love this as it reminds me that the change I want to see starts with me, and if I’m frustrated about something then changing my own mindset or behaviour is the best place to start.
- First, do no harm- this is famously misquoted from the Hippocratic Oath, the vow doctors in the past took before practising . I love it as it reflects 1) my love of medicine and my dream to be a doctor one day and 2) the idea that first and foremost in life you should avoid causing harm to others, be it hurting someone’s feelings or causing physical suffering (I find this pretty relevant to veganism!)
- Don’t climb mountains so the world can see you, climb mountains so you can see the world- To me this quote is all about ensuring you do things for yourself, not for others. I also love it as I’m a sucker for a good mountain and love quotes that can caption my summit photos :))) (honestly I could write a whole post about mountain quotes, and I may well do so)
If you could give a new blogger one piece of advice, what would it be?
My one piece of advice would be to write for yourself. A lot of articles I have read about blogging say things like ‘know your audience’ etc, but if you just write content that you love, believe in and are passionate about then the right audience will come to you!
What keeps you motivated?
I’m actually a sucker for revenge, so one of the reasons I’m motivated to improve myself constantly is so that people from my past will see me and be like ‘woah that’s impressive’ etc. Yes, I know this is awful and Yes, I know I shouldn’t be so hypercompetitive about everything but oh well!! I also love those things that say ‘I work hard to give my dog a better life’ because that is also totally true.
What is your dream job and why?
My dream job is almost certainly a GP, or working in some kind of public health/ health education field. All of my dream jobs involve medicine which is my one true love in life. If I was a practising doctor but not a GP I would probably choose gynaecology as my specialism, a slightly unusual choice but one I’m super interested in and passionate about.
Are you more of a girly girl or more of a tom boy?
This is such a hard question for me to answer as I’m completely both! I absolutely love the outdoors, I love getting dirty and stuck into outdoor activities (my newest obsession is climbing which I will definitely be writing a post about!) and I’m so uninterested in fashion and makeup. On the other hand, my favourite colour is pink, I loveeeeeeee Disney Princesses so much and I’m also way too oversensitive to be a passable tomboy, I cry at everything that makes me feel a strong emotion (happy, sad, angry, tired etc).
What’s your favourite thing to do near where you live?
This is tough as I’m the number one person for bashing where I live for being totally boring and useless. My favourite thing to do is leave the village I live in and go somewhere more interesting! However, nearby we have the Surrey and Sussex Downs which are both beautiful and great for long walks, I’m about half an hour away from Brighton and all its fun and excitement, and therefore also not far from the beach. Locally my favorite thing to do is probably go on lots of walks with the dog!
You meet a genie and are given 3 wishes. What would you wish for?
World peace and harmony, between all ages, races, species and classes. No more wars or killings. An end to terrorism, to nuclear strikes, to hate crimes and obviously to the needless slaughter of animals. No more closing borders to those in need, no more hatred against those deemed outsiders. One world that we are all citizens of.
To reverse global warming. Global warming f*****g terrifies me and so little is being done to slow it down. If the current damage was reversed and then we could all work together to prevent reaching this stage again, I would be one happy bunny.
Either eternally clear skin or bigger boobs. It’s pretty 50/50. (We’re all allowed to be selfish sometimes!!!!!)
What’s your favourite thing to do when you’re not blogging?
Climbing!!!!!!! Or binge watching How I Met Your Mother, which I’m so obsessed with I may need an intervention soon (*laughs painfully at my own joke* I’m sorry)
- If you had an empty room in your house, what would you use it for?
- What is your biggest achievement so far in life?
- What is your favourite film and why?
- Are you a superstitious person? In what ways?
- If you could have dinner with 3 people, dead or alive, who would you choose?
- What is your funniest memory?
- If you could create one change in the world, what would it be?
- What is the strangest thing you have in your bag at the moment?
- What superpower would you chose and why? (bonus points for a superhero name)
- If you could recommend one book to someone, which would you pick?
- Describe yourself in less than 10 words.
And there we have it! This was such a fun post to do, I hope you guys enjoy answering my questions!